What’s On at the Palmerston North RSA
There’s something happening every club night at the Palmerston North RSA. New members are welcome, along with guests of existing members and visitors from affiliated clubs.
- First Wednesday in each month – various activities and themed events;
- Second Wednesday in each month – “Te Reo Leka” (“Sweet Voice”) Maori Ukulele Group sing-along;
- Third Wednesday in each month – Restaurant or Dinner Night (“Cooks Night Off”) with themed cuisine (two meal options at reasonable prices) by Bowls PN Caterers Gary and Mere Fryer;
- Fourth Wednesday in each month – “Quiz Night” – a fun way to keep the brain ticking along
- Fifth Wednesday in each month – if there is one and they do occur – then a social (“Yap Yap”) evening for members and guests.
Note that guests are always welcome to these events, with PNRSA members.
Other Calendar Events
Second Thursday in the month (February to November inclusive), commencing at midday at Event Central on the ground floor at the City Library.
Tuesday, 23rd June 2020
Light Refreshments: at 5:30pm.
Presentation starts: 6:00pm
New Zealand and the Second World War in Photographs
Presented by Professor Glyn Harper.
Thursday 9 July 2020 – “The Merchant Navy in WW2” by RAdm (Rtd) David Ledson.
Thursday 13 August 2020 – “Nga Toa Trust”and Military Veteran Oral History Interview Programme – Soldiers’Stories” by Patrick Bronte.
Thursday 10 September – “Singapore Strategy 1920-1942” by Cdr (RTD) Richard Jackson.
Thursday 8 October 2020 – NZ Wars Month: “Battle of Ruapekapeka”by Dr Chris Pugsley.
Thursday 12 November 2020 – PNCC 150th Anniversary – Presentation on PNth’s miliatary history and heritage, as part of the sesquincentennial commemoration celbration programme.
Tuesday 23 June 2020 – 75th Anniversary of WW2 VJ Day – “Ünpublished photos of the Second World War”by Prof. Glyn Harper.
Tuesday 25 August 2020 – 75th Anniversary of WW2 VJ Day – Presentation on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, involving the PN Japanese community.
Wednesday 11 November 2020 – Armistice Day Parade and Service in the Square and Linton Camp.
Wednesday 11 November 2020 – “70th Anniversary of the Korean War” Presentation by Dr Ian McGibbon